- 1 kg pork, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 kg pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Baguio beans
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- ground black pepper
- 1 80g pack Del Monte Quick n Easy Menudo Sauce
- 1 80g pack Del Monte Quick n Easy Caldereta Sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
5. Add the Menudo and Caldereta sauce, and mix well.
6. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, and brown sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the pork, liver, carrots, and potatoes are tender.
7. Add red bell pepper and Baguio beans, and simmer for around 20-30 seconds.
8. Transfer to a clean serving plate, serve, and enjoy with steamed white rice!
Okay, so the name of this dish is just made up. It's actually a mash up of 2 dishes: Menudo + Caldereta = Mendereta! :p
If you also noticed, I added in some Baguio beans, which is not even originally part of any of the two dishes. Just had a few left in the fridge and I don't want them to just rot, so I made use of them. And it actually was a great addition to the dish, I think. :D Here's a step-by-step video, in case you might want to check.
Please don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel while you're at it! Thanks a bunch! :)