- 2 chicken breast
- 2/3 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
If you are following me on Instagram or Snapchat, you must have already seen my Instagram Stories and Snapchat Stories on how I've recently been religious in
When it comes to dieting, bland and boring foods are a common perception, but that is totally wrong. Diet food doesn't have to be boring. You can still enjoy your meal without the guilt. You just have to make sure to pick the right ingredients to go with your food.
For bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts alike, chicken breast is one of the staples in their diet plans. But, a simple chunk of meat as it seems, chicken breast has got to be the hardest to cook, well at least for me. I usually have it grilled but I must admit that it tends to be boring especially when you eat it every single day, so I came up with some recipes on how not to make chicken breast, and well diet food, not boring. :D
Preparation and Cooking Procedures:
1. Chop the raw chicken breasts into small cubes and make sure to remove any large pieces of fat.
2. Season the chicken pieces with paprika, pepper, and salt (optional).
I love peppery taste so I usually put more pepper. I also usually omit the salt as Mark is so keen in having a no-salt diet, but you can of course add it as you wish. :)
3. In a pan over high heat, add olive oil then toss in the seasoned chicken breast pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly seared.
Mark and I both have sensitive stomachs so I always make it a point to have the chicken cooked through. :D
4. Add the bell pepper, then cook for another 2 or 3 minutes before adding the pineapple.
5. Mix everything together and cook until there is a visible sear on the chicken and pineapple.
6. Transfer to a clean plate, serve, and enjoy! You can eat it as is or with hot steamed rice.
I only eat rice for lunch (at half a cup max) and pair it with 1 cup of the stir fry. Then for dinner, I'll have half a cup of the stir fry plus two hard boiled egg whites. :)