Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 5-6 persons
- 1/2 kg fresh mussels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Clean mussels by washing the shells with water. Scrub the mussels with a brush and pull off hair-like strands if necessary. Put mussels in a bowl and pour in warm water to allow the shells to open up. Drain mussels and remove the top shell.
2. In another bowl, put butter and still until creamy. Add in the mayonnaise and minced garlic. Stir in the grated cheese.
3. Cover each mussel with the mixture. For a tastier treat, top with grated cheese.
4. Arrange mussels in a baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
More recipes HERE :)
Aside from the ingredients being readily available in supermarkets, this recipe is very easy to prepare. You don't actually need a lot of cooking experience to prepare this dish. She actually calls it '30-minute Baked Mussels Recipe'. This recipe serves 5-6 persons.
It was cooked in an oven toaster, but you may also opt to cook the mussels over a grill. :)